Monday, April 23, 2012

POSTCARDS PLEASE!

A friend started sending me postcards when she traveled a few years ago.  It was such a delight to open the mailbox and have a note, a sentiment, a thought, a picture from someone who took a moment out of her trip to think of someone else.  Needless to say, I was touched and happy to have her in my life, but it also inspired me to try and send a postcard on my travels to friends and family.  Something little, but very sweet.
Simon recently found these envelopes with picturesque scenes of Tahiti, that he saved from the time he spent there during his military service.  (That's a whole other story!)  I love that they have the postcard picture, but can hold a multiple page letter rather than the usual small space on the backside of a postcard.  Relics from a time before email and instant messaging.

So if you are on your next trip and looking for souvenirs for friends, maybe send a postcard instead!















No comments: